RedPrairie/JDA Application Administrator WMS/LM/TPB
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 165+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Primary Responsibility: Manages the enterprise applications tools and technical stack, installing, building and configuring the applications for availability, ease of manageability, stability, recovery, performance, and scalability. Ensures steady-state operation for WMS/TMS/ TPB applications.
supporting and monitoring of all RP environments, code promotion and change control review,
- Builds, configures and manages all enterprise application client and server environments, including: sandbox, development, test, training, and production.
- Leads the development, ongoing management, and testing of the HA and DRP plans for enterprise applications.
- Completes complex problem analysis providing an advanced level of application and end user support.
- Develops and executes migration plans and data refresh mechanisms to keep environments current and in sync with production.
- Monitors and tunes performance, working across application, database and functional support areas using workload analysis and other predictive tools to tune system for optimal performance. Participates in the capacity planning process.
- Pro-actively reviews patch bundles and upgrades for applicability to company. Leads and executes all installations, upgrades and patch applications. Develop and document standard processes for the same.
- Works with management and security team to assist in implementing and enforcing security policies. Creates and manages user and security profiles, ensuring application security policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Handles recurring administrative support responsibilities which include, but are not limited to:
system refreshes and restores, aiding in database backup/recovery, hardware and network support,
end-device application configuration (RF Devices, Label Printers, Laser Printers, voice devices), archiving, application and database patches and upgrades along with general maintenance and troubleshooting.
Qualifications/Additional Skills & Abilities:
- Performs other duties and assists other staff as necessary or as directed by management. Operates under irregular work schedules as needed and provides off-hours operational support.
- Other duties as requested.
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- 5+ years of relative technical experience, BS in Computer Science; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of server and application software
- General knowledge of SQL and scripting/programming languages
- Proficiency in the management of JDA/Red Prairie application suites, such as:
- JDA/Red Prairie WMS/LM/EMS, Third Party Billing
- Knowledge of database, server and storage technology, such as:
- Oracle 10g/11g/12C, client configuration, SQL scripting, performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Linux/Red Hat, shell scripting
- General knowledge of storage architecture (SAN, NAS, etc.), disk configurations for performance and HA/DR, storage and file system best practices for application management
- Knowledge of Software AG, Integration Server, Webmethods, Mashzone
- Knowledge of Vocollect
- General knowledge of workflow, middleware and web server technology