Job Location: Connecticut
Electrical Engineer, Innovation and Research
The Innovation & Research organization is small, agile centrally held innovation team. We work with Research Center, Universities, external research organizations, and global business units to identify, develop and demonstrate innovative technology solutions, products, services and intelligent systems through a structured method of innovation. The team also enables organization wide innovation through development and deployment of innovation catalysts that are trained thru a well-defined learning and development and certification process.
Working autonomously or in multi-functional, global teams, the candidate will be a member of a technically diverse group of engineers whose responsibility is to envision and develop innovative, cost effective systems and components. A high energy, self-starter, the candidate must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced changing environment, and execute technology evaluation and development projects with significant scope and complexity utilizing electrical engineering principles and practices. A strong conceptual thinker and interest in the use development, and function of software, hardware and systems technologies is a must. The ideal candidate will be dynamic and flourish in an organization that consistently challenges the status quo.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
*Education / Certifications
- Develop, design, analyze, and specify innovative electrical components and sub-systems using applied mathematics, physical sciences, modeling and advanced Electrical Engineering technologies and practices for possible integration into next generation products: including embedded systems, discrete control, sensors, actuators, communication, and network connectivity.
- Lead and contribute to design reviews for development efforts that are either significant in scope, or span multiple components.
- Perform and lead ideation, analysis, design, development, test and installation tasks and programs to meet project deliverables.
- Investigate, learn and evaluate current and emerging technologies for possible use in related projects.
- Make and lead significant contributions to cross-functional project teams by working collaboratively, skillfully solving problems, managing complex components of large projects, and completing multiple assigned tasks.
- Complete component level risk analysis using FMEA, MTBF, FTA and other associated analysis tools.
- Define, track, and communicate key project metrics and milestones includes facilitation of project and design reviews and participation in engineering reviews.
*Experience / Qualifications
- BS Electrical Engineering degree w/6-10+ years’ experience
- MS degree in relevant engineering discipline w/4-7+ years’ experience
- PhD in relevant engineering discipline degree w/2–4+ years’ experience
- Has knowledge and experience in development and design of electrical products and the integration of electrical components into electro- mechanical systems.
- Experience with the design of analog and digital circuitry, schematics, signal processing, embedded systems, and understanding of control theory.
- Familiarity with PCB and FPGA desired
- Experience with AutoCad, Matlab, LabView and similar software
- Experience in communication protocols: CAN, RS485, RS232, USB, Ethernet, WiFi, Zigbee, cellular, VoIP, ADSL a plus
- Previous design leadership for the development of electronic, multi-physics, safety-critical systems
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a diverse and dynamic work environment
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail, task driven planning, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel globally as required
- Development and design of electrical products and integration of electrical components into electro-mechanical systems
- Design of analog and digital circuitry, schematics, signal processing, embedded systems, understanding of control theory
- AutoCad, Matlab, LabView, similar software
- Communication protocols: CAN, RS485, RS232, USB, Ethernet, WiFi, Zigbee, cellular, VoIP, ADSL a plus