Find the Top Job Opportunities in Atlanta and Across the United States
StandBy Talent works with some of the leading companies around the world. If you want to stay on the cutting edge of your profession and industry, you've come to the right place. To find your next opportunity search below and apply or create a profile so we can help you with your career.
Candidates for this position must be AHIMA or AAPC certified.
The Billing Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Billing Department, specifically with respect to the supervision of staff responsible for timely and accurate professional billing.
He/she is also responsible for ensuring compliance with all organizational, statutory, and federal, contractual obligations, regulations and standards.
This position serves as “super-user” for billing systems, including but not limited to maintaining edits, bridge routines, and establishing and maintaining billing system vendor and IT relationships.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide daily management and coordination of billing functions which may include High Risk and Fee-for-Service.
- Maintain scheduling and work assignments to ensure all areas are covered and there is a proper distribution of workload.
- Provide leadership and conduct performance reviews of direct reports.
- Plan and direct patient insurance documentation, billing and collections, and data processing to ensure accurate billing and efficient account collection.
- Review reports, work queues, monitor department’s productivity, recommend improvements to enhance the unit’s productivity and meet goals.
- Serve as the practice expert and go to person for all billing processes, limited coding questions and help resolve issues.
- Manage and approve Medical Billers payroll and PTO request.
- Maintain contacts with other departments to obtain and analyze additional patient information to document and process billings.
Other Responsibilities May Include
- Oversee the operations of the billing department including but not limited to; medical coding, charge entry, claims submissions, payment posting, accounts receivable follow-up, and reimbursement management.
- Collect and compiles accurate statistical reports.
- Audit current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of billing and collections operations.
- Ensure that the activities of the billing operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and are in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements.
- Participate in the development and application of operating policies and procedures.
- Review and interprets operational data to assess need for procedural revisions and enhancements.
- Participate in the design and implementation of specific systems to enhance revenue and operating efficiency.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, disciplining, and recommend termination of Medical Billers as required to maintain a skilled, enthusiastic, and productive workforce..