- Work closely with product management, internal client, design, user experience and
other development and support groups to build highest quality products for our client's consumers.
- Drive development to planned timeline, ensuring early and regular communication
through all stages of development.
- Drive consolidation of products to utilize common underlying technology architecture
- Attend scope meetings, review scopes for estimate accuracy and technical correctness.
- Promote best practice development habits and highest product quality standards through
regular code reviews and open team communication.
- Manage work intake through Scrum agile development process, including sprint planning,
effort estimation and change management, improving processes to maximize team
- Maintain and enhance existing products, balancing schedules among maintenance activities
and new product development.
- Create and document technical requirements, project plan, user stories, solution
architecture, change requests, release notes, monitoring process, root cause
analyses, etc. in partnership with product management, project management and
- Create learning opportunities within the development team through training, conferences, hands-on training and mentorship in projects.
- Create opportunities that bring out creativity and passion in work.
- Build out the team by hiring top talent with shared values to support growing demand.
- Demonstrate problem solving, initiative and technical innovation capable of "rolling-up sleeves and getting hands dirty" from content creation, to production support, to testing.
- Build and maintain deep technical skills in iOS, Android, Windows 8, Xbox, HTML5, social and gaming, staying current with recent and upcoming changes to core technologies.
- Strong technical leader capable of motivating the very best software engineers, as well as gaining
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Experience leading or managing developers.
- Consistent upward and downstream communication.
- Resourceful, innovative, self-motivated, confident in high stress situations.
- Proficient at writing code.
- Consistently meets or exceeds deadlines on programming projects.
- College degree required.
- At least 7-10 years of prior experience with development projects is required.
- At least 2-3 years of recent experience with development projects for mobile
applications and mobile web sites for iOS, Android, Blackberry, Symbian or
Windows Phone is required.
- Experience with a large-scale web site is a plus.
Preferred technical skills: