Find the Top Job Opportunities in Atlanta and Across the United States
StandBy Talent works with some of the leading companies around the world. If you want to stay on the cutting edge of your profession and industry, you've come to the right place. To find your next opportunity search below and apply or create a profile so we can help you with your career.
iOS Developer - Contract
iOS Developer Contract to perm
Job Location: The Weather Channel, Atlanta, GA.
- Work in a team oriented, agile environment
- Actively participate in daily Scrums as well as biweekly Sprint Planning Sessions
- Correct defects in the existing product.- Implement new features or improvements to the existing product or upcoming product
- Create efficient, performant algorithms and assist others in doing the same
- Work with Quality Assurance and Testing to deliver well tested and working applications that meet required specifications
- Be proactive and willing to raise issues early in the development process.
A. Knowledge- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering- Prefer 2
years programming experience in general- Prefer 1 year experience specific with iOS in specificB. SkillsRequired:- Experience
using object oriented programming techniques.- Experience using common programming languages, such as Objective-C,
- using IDEs for software development, preferably Apple's XCode
- Comfortable in using standard debugging techniques such as logging, GDB, and/or Instruments to localize and correct software defects
- Understanding of the challenges related to mobile development including battery and radio usage as well as CPU and memory constraints
- Understanding of common design patterns including Model-View-Controller.- Hands on experience using smart phones and/or tablets preferably iPhone and/or iPad
- Exposure to iOS Memory Management, both with and without ARC.- Ability to interact both in a team oriented setting as well as an individual
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.- Highly creative.- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.- A commitment to quality
- Exposure to non-English languages and/or work on products intended for international deployment
- Exposure to television or digital video production and distribution.- Understanding of Earth sciences/weather