About the Team
We are a platform engineering team focused on building business process automation capability using BPM JIRA and other processing automation tools. Our technology stack consists of AWS, Atlassian Suite (Jira & JIRA Service Desk/Confluence/Bamboo/BitBucket), Chef, NewRelic, SolarWinds, Slack, PagerDuty, SumoLogic, Microservices, Restful APIs and a host of other services in support of becoming the best platform to run business process.
This position’s responsibility is to lead a business process automation team in defining the automation of business process, software/service delivery processes and implementing appropriate project templates including custom fields, workflows, and automation in JIRA. With an expert understanding of JIRA & JIRA Service Desk software configuration and development, this position will work with various business and IT teams including business operation teams, applications development teams, project management office (PMO) and others to define and implement business process workflows or task management processes and reporting of activities.
- Leads daily collaboration efforts with project team members to identify issues and risks associated with the design, implementation, and delivery of project assignments.
- Consult with other teams to design the JIRA/JIRA Service Desk workflow that will streamline their business processes.
- Configure & manage JIRA capabilities for management of release scope, change requests, issue and risk management, as well as standard and ad hoc reporting capabilities.
- Must have the ability to develop JIRA workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, customized screens schemes, etc. for a large program.
- Must have the ability to Install, support, compile, evaluate and troubleshoot JIRA plugins.
- Identify and implement implicit and explicit user requirements as well as diagnose and propose solutions to existing and future needs.
- Excellent scripting experience and knowledge required.
- Prior experience in integrating third-party JIRA/JIRA Service Desk solutions required with both development, integration, and operational skills.
- Technical competencies in third-party product integration into JIRA 7.x
Required Skills & Experience
- 5-7 years of JIRA Administration experience of creating/customizing JIRA Software & JIRA Service Desk projects.
- 3-5 years in supporting Atlassian products with expertise in application and add-on upgrades, troubleshooting issues in JIRA & JIRA Service Desk and Confluence and add-ons and optimizing designs in creating issues with conditions and validations.
- Deep Understanding of the Script Runner plug-in for JIRA including Script Fragments, condition/validator/post function workflow scripts, script listeners, REST endpoints, utilizing the Script Console to bulk update JIRA issues, and behaviors.
- Experience with JIRA Configuration Manager add-on in managing changes in JIRA changes from DEV to QA to PROD.
- Administration experience on various JIRA / Confluence plugins like need, EasyBI, SSO, Dynamic Forms, nFeed, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Scrum, Kanban, Lean or other agile methodologies and proven ability executing projects in an agile environment.
- Ability to educate and guide users with the capabilities of JIRA/JIRA Service Desk software.
- Determine ways to optimize/improve JIRA/JIRA Service Desk setup and process workflows.
- Experienced in JIRA / Confluence troubleshooting.
- Ability to develop and deploy custom plugins for JIRA
- Experience in DevOps and related tools including Bitbucket, Bamboo, Chef, and SumoLogic.
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Experience of the following: Elasticsearch, MongoDB
- Experience of SQL with PostgreSQL or any RDBMS
- Agile, Scrum or AWS certification
Years of Experience
- 10+ years of overall IT experience required
- 5+ years of JIRA administrator experience
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud services (AWS preferred)