Find the Top Job Opportunities in Atlanta and Across the United States
StandBy Talent works with some of the leading companies around the world. If you want to stay on the cutting edge of your profession and industry, you've come to the right place. To find your next opportunity search below and apply or create a profile so we can help you with your career.
Copywriter - (Atlanta, GA)
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
At IBM Watson Advertising, we create beautiful and complex advertising products for brands and agencies around the world. The Creative Lab sits at the apex of Big Data, AI and Weather, continuously re-inventing advertising opportunities. Our offerings feature the latest in cognitive technology and marry big data with big brand experiences.
We’re looking for an agile Copywriter to temporarily join our team and create imaginative and complex advertising solutions. The copywriter will be challenged with concept development, headlines, content development, working on AI conversations and supporting the Lead Copywriter with additional efforts:
The Copywriter will work with the art director, creative director or design team, in order to construct effective creative work that brings client and consumer satisfaction, a copywriter needs a creative mind alongside an organized approach and the ability to think laterally and literally. Additionally, the ability to remain organized while juggling multiple projects is a must.
- Concept Development
- Cognitive Ad Development
- Short-form Content Development
The copywriter must have a keen eye for changes and details within the body of work and will also be required to handle any copy amendments requested by the client, and meticulous research skills will ensure all copy is accurate and factual.
- Understanding the message, the client is seeking to express and translating this into written content
- Writing copy to engage the consumer
- Carrying out amendments to client specifications
- Adhering to the tone-of-voice requested by the client/team
- Working with the team to devise creative strategies
- Liaising with the client on a regular basis, with guidance
- Generating creative ideas to build innovative campaigns
- Providing feedback to the team and peers
Having a passion for the written word sets this copywriter apart from the average, so a solid portfolio is a must.
- 2-3 years experience writing for digital, advertising and/or interactive experiences
- The ability to write and think creatively in a fast paced environment
- Significant experience in writing strong, succinct copy that is grammatically correct
- A flexible approach and willingness to adapt ideas to the needs of clients and the products
- The ability to work to strict deadlines without compromising on work quality
- The ability to work within allocated budgets
- Great organizational skills
- An eye for detail, and willingness to be vocal when there are clarity or detail issues
- Strong research skills
- BA or MA in Language, Literature, Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience writing for mobile, web, tablet Interactive media and user interfaces for product software and digital advertising
- Experience with user research and usability testing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Expect to work regular office hours, with the odd ‘out of hours’ shift at times of high volume.